Clothing and Attire
- For all aerial classes students should wear pants that cover the backs of the knees–tight yoga pants, leggings, or sweatpants are recommended.
- Wear a shirt that will cover your midriff and not ride up, or one that can be tucked in. You will probably wish to bring a long sleeved shirt that will cover your armpits.
- All jewelry and piercings must be removed or taped over prior to class. Long hair must be tied back. Long finger nails should be trimmed.
- Clothing for all classes must not have zippers, ties, or hooks that may get caught on fabric, hair, or skin.
- No street shoes are allowed in the main area of the studio.
- Students may arrive up to 15 minutes early for class. Please note that there will often be another class before yours. Once the prior class has entered into the conditioning/stretching phase and apparatuses are put away, please feel free to warm up on your own on the ground.
- Students who are late to class and miss the warm up, or are more than 15 minutes late will be allowed to stretch on their own, and participate in ground based exercises, but they will not be allowed in the air for safety reasons.
- Students who are disrespectful, rude, antagonistic, violent (either physically or verbally) will be asked to leave.
- If you are sick, impaired, injured or otherwise unwell you may be asked not to participate in class for your own safety.
- Students are allowed up to two class make ups for missed classes IF they gave notice to their instructor prior to missing class. If there is another section of the class, students may attend that class (pending room in the class) as a make up. Classes must be made up within a week of the missed class unless other arrangements are made. Make ups from one session do not roll over into the next session. If there is not another section of your class, you may attend open studio instead.
- Drop in lessons are only allowed during the first four weeks of the session unless the student is already enrolled in a similar class, or arrangements have been made with the instructor.
- Sign up for session classes is allowed until the second week of classes but not beyond that point. There is no difference in price for late session sign-ups.
- There is a $15 late sign up fee for any student who comes to class without having completed registration and needs to be manually added to class after registration has closed unless prior arrangements have been made. Registration closes automatically at the start of the first class of the session.
All scheduled private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. If you must cancel your lesson in less than the stated time you will be charged the full amount on your account.
All private lessons occur in the time slot they are scheduled for. If you are late, you may ask your instructor if you can extend your lesson. All extended lessons are charged in the same manner as our scheduled private. Eg: $10/10 minutes for a single student.
Refunds and Class Cancellations
- Minimum enrollment for all classes is three students. If after the first week of classes minimum enrollment is not met, the instructor may cancel the class, or they can choose to continue teaching it. Classes with fewer than three students will be 1 hour instead of 75 minutes.
- If a class is empty with less than a week till session start it will be taken off the schedule.
- If a class is cancelled for any reason, by the studio before the session starts you will be issued a full refund.
- If a student decides to cancel their enrollment prior to the first day of the session they will be given a full refund minus a 15% administrative fee.
- If a student chooses to drop out of a session after the first class, they will be given a 50% refund. If a student chooses to drop out of a session beyond they first week of classes, no refund will be given.
- If a student decides within the first two weeks that they would rather take a different class of equivalent price, this is allowed. Once a class switch is made students may not switch back.
- Private lessons: Refunds are given only with at least 24 hours notice, with the exception of weather, serious illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- Workshops: Full refunds for workshops will be given up to three weeks before the event. A 50% refund will be given for cancellations after that time, but up to one week before the event. No refund will be given for cancellations made less than one week in advance.
- All workshops must be paid for in advance. If a student has not yet paid for a workshop and fails to attend they will be billed per the above guidelines.
- Individual classes cancelled by the studio for any reason (ie: inclement weather, instructor illness) will either be made up at the end of the session or students will be issued account credit for the value of the class.
Open Studio/Point Rental Policies:
- Air Temple is excited to provide practice space for the students in our classes, as well as aerialists in the surrounding community. We ask that all persons who come to practice read, acknowledge, and abide by the following rules:
- Payment for PR/OS is due prior to starting to practice, unless other prior arrangements have been made with management. Open Studio is cash only.
- Individuals wishing to rent point time must make an appointment with the studio prior to renting point time.
- Non-students wishing to rent point time must book an appointment to complete Air Temple’s studio orientation before renting point time.
- The cost of Open Studio is $10 for the duration; the cost of point rental is $20/hr. Open Studio is meant specifically for current students at Air Temple to review what they’ve learned in class. For non-Air Temple Students the cost is $20.
- All rigging (this includes pulling down silks etc.) is to be done only by Air Temple staff, unless the student has completed the Studio Orientation with an Air Temple staff member.
- Open Studio is moderated, not taught.
- Open Studio is not the time to try new tricks or try to work through something that you don’t remember.
- You are not to work on any apparatus that you have not taken class in.
- Air Temple’s number one priority is to provide our students with a safe, and productive class atmosphere. For individuals partaking in open studio or renting point time during a class, please take note of the following items:
- You may be asked to move during a class if the class needs the space you are using. We intend to rent point time when it is most convenient for the point renter. If there are conflicts with scheduled classes we will evaluate for a better time slot.
- While class is in session we ask that you maintain a quiet, professional atmosphere. Loud noises or interruptions are distracting to students and disrupt the flow of a class.
- Point rental must be scheduled prior to arrival. If you come in to rent point time while a class is in session, you may have to wait until a staff member has a break and is available to assist you.
- We do allow individuals to wear earbuds while they practice, however your music must be at a low enough volume that Air Temple staff will be able to easily get your attention if necessary.
- Air Temple prohibits certain release moves, slack drops etc. in the studio. If you’re not sure if a move you are practicing falls into this category, please check with Air Temple staff before attempting the trick.
- Air Temple staff members have the final word on safety. If a staff member at any time has concerns about your ability to complete a trick safely, they are within their rights to ask you to cease attempting the trick(s). If the staff have repeated concerns about your safety you may be asked to no longer attend Open Studio or rent point time.
- Crash mats must be used under all aerial apparatuses with no exceptions.
- All studio policies regarding studio conduct, etc. applied to session students, also apply to individuals renting point time.
- Individuals who come in for OS/PR may bring friends (within a reasonable number), but non-experienced aerialists will not be allowed on any apparatus. Guests are not allowed in the main studio space.
- Absolutely no teaching in the studio is allowed, except by Air Temple instructors.
- Open Studio is a privilege, not a right, and students who have trouble following the above guidelines may be asked not to attend Open Studio.