- Aerial Silks
- Ground skills incl. Hand Balancing, Contortion, Partner Acrobatics
- Youth Instruction
We are also welcoming resumes for any of the following disciplines:
- Corde Lisse
- Aerial Sling
- Other specialty aerial apparatuses (cube, cloud swing, etc.)
Air Temple Arts, a fast-growing, recreational, circus studio located near downtown New Haven, has expanded to a beautiful new location and we are seeking committed instructors to help us expand our programming for both our adult and youth programs!
Air Temple Arts was recently featured on season three of PBS’ award winning show START-UP which spotlights unique and promising small businesses across the country.
We are looking for instructors who are passionate about teaching and not just performing, who are looking to be part of a community long term.
- 2 hours by public transport from Boston and New York City for professional performers
- 2 hours or less from great studios including the New England Center for Circus Arts for continued training opportunities
- Opportunities for creativity-driven performance through Air Temple’s new performance collective
- A passionate and dedicated core student base
- Easy access to New Haven–a young, dynamic, and up and coming city
- The ability to directly influence shaping the circus programs at Air Temple
- All Air Temple instructors are employees receiving a competitive wage and are covered by workman’s comp
- You will be part of Connecticut’s blossoming young circus scene
- Unlimited training opportunities in our beautiful space
A required minimum of teaching three regularly scheduled session classes a week, with availability for more classes, private lessons, and workshops. This is a six-month minimum commitment but we would prefer to hire long term instructors.
- A positive attitude in the studio
- Dedication to creating a positive, encouraging environment for our students
- Eagerness to be part of a growing team and community
- A serious passion for teaching!
- An interest in innovative and creative approaches to teaching and performing
- The ability to adhere to studio safety policies and guidelines
- The ability to follow, or create curriculum as needed
- A basic familiarity with technology (ipads, google docs, mindbody, etc.) or willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
- A professional demeanor and attitude
- a commitment to continually improving as a performer and instructor of the circus arts
We are willing to consider applicants with minimal or no teaching experience provided they can show that they have an extensive aerial background and are committed to pursuing a career in circus instruction. If you have some sort of teacher training, that will be extremely beneficial. For applicants without prior teaching experience, please include on a separate page why you wish to pursue teaching, any experience that will show as beneficial whether in circus or outside of it, as well as any other information that you deem relevant.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, two references, and a video or link to a video of yourself in the air* to email@example.com.
*This can be a promotional video, a training session recorded on your phone, whatever—we just want to see you in action!